By southeastco78331095, Apr 9 2020 07:16PM
The Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies is expediting licensing to increase workforce capacity, and temporary suspension of the application of laws, rules, and policies that will allow the state to expand its testing capacity for Coronavirus and ensure ongoing business continuity in the delivery of healthcare services. Provisions include:
• Waiving licensing requirements and rules to allow for late renewals as well as reinstatements and reactivations during the emergency period of volunteer nurses and qualified licensed providers from out of state.
• Waiving limitations on clinical instruction via simulation.
• Expanding the scope of practice for physician assistants and nurses.
• Waiving requirements of endorsement for qualified out-of-state professionals.
• Expanding opportunities for telemedicine.
• Granting pharmacists the ability to conduct screening tests in pharmacies and other testing centers.
• Allowing pharmacists to administer vaccines.